Tuesday 6 March 2012

Task 4d: Rational

Thinking about everything I have learnt over my 3 years of learning at Italia Conti Performing arts college and then my 8 years at the Plymouth associate school, everything that we seem to learn in class in to prepare for our auditions.

Whenever we're in ballet we hear about technique, holding our posture performing to the 'good seats.' In jazz we're told to keep our faces active and go full out every time. Acting is forever changing and growing as we do...

but what is the point in having all these things if we don't hold our own in an Audition?

Thinking about Ideas for my award title, I was concidering something like...

BA Hons - Preparation and Stability

I would love to get some feedback on this as I am not too sure yet if this is correct.

ef x

4 comments:

  1. Hi Eithne,

    I see where you're going with that title, but to a potential employee or in fact any stranger that doesn't know what industry you're involved in, it doesn't have much context...preparation and stability in what?

    Maybe something like "BA Hons Professional Practice in Audition Preparation" would be more explicit? Maybe not that exactly, but do you see where I'm coming from?

    Liam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Liam, thanks for the feedback, that's great help!!

    It didn't even cross my mind for people outside of performing to even know what it is!!

    I shall think about it some more and update it again :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should keep the degree title simple like 'Dance' or "performing Arts'. Your degree is going to be looked at along side other people's from other Universities it should NOT sound made-up. People will understand it in terms of other degree courses, if it something quite different from anything else people might just assume it is not authentically rigourous. People expect a degree to be a good foundation in a topic - across a range of information and knowledge about the topic. You know a lot across the range of Performing Arts or Dance right? I think your thinking is great but it is more a reflection ON the use of your training than the training itself. You have to remember that your degree will be looked at by people who do not know you, or what your background is. it needs to clearly state what you know / have trained in.

    I think what you have talked about in this post is really interesting. I wonder what you think about dancing because you love to do it. Are you saying that if you don't get jobs you loose your identity as a dancer? What about people who generate their own work? What does all you wrote above say about power relationships?

    Food for thought
    keep up the good work
    Adesola

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh I understand, I guess if I kept it broader it means I can put more in it. Thank you Adesolaaaaa!!xx

    ReplyDelete