Monday 14 November 2011

Peel Audition - Monday 14th of November

Today was my Third audition for PeelTalent.com. For the Audition we had to prepare a Musical Standard and a contrast, and if we were successful we would go through to do a dance and acting rounds.

As this was my third audition for them, I thought I may have been in for more of a chance...but apparently not. They only seemed to be taking the 'Singers' and not the "Singer/Dancers.'

I don't think I'm going to audition for them again because I feel let down every time. A few of my friends work for the company so I don't understand why they don't seem to like me.

I'm still glad I went as we got to sing on the 'Thriller' West End Stage today, (The Lyric) which was absolutely amazing. What's on at The Lyric...

I think in the future I could be a little more confident, but I know I always try my hardest at auditions, so it must be look and height over talent (: xx

3 comments:

  1. Dear Eithne,

    Don't let this faze you,

    from how you've written it, it sounds like you've had some form of an X-Factor audition. Company's who take people on via looks and height over talent are wrong most of the time.

    In this case they were wrong. But when one door closes 2 more open. They've now lost someone worthy of getting a West End job.

    Cheer up, and if you need anyone to talk to, I'm always around.

    Hugs

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eithne, great you feel as if we are all apart of your informal network. But it is my job to keep you focused. Into this reflection of the experience you need to see where you can think about making it more of a critical reflection by using some of the ideas and tools in the modules.

    Keep going.
    Adesola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lily,

    That really cheered me up. Thank you so much.

    xx

    ReplyDelete