Tuesday 24 April 2012

Inquiry Plan

So after leaving it till the last minute AGAIN I had a skype with my advisor today.

I have pretty much been confused about this whole module but after talking with her my head is a lot clearer now with the task in hand.

The general idea for my Inquiry is "Life outside of college seeking a career in Performing Arts" but we discussed that this is too big a subject for me to do my inquiry on.

We thought of a few parts within that as to what I could do, for example;

- Looking into an establish performers career, such as Rachel Tucker, seeing where she trained, what agent she went with, how she built herself up ect.

- Comparing the different lives of a straight Actor, straight Dancer and someone in Musical theatre and seeing what different steps they do to achieve stability.

- Looking into different colleges prospectus'; what they teach, who has attended the college, what they aim to achieve - do they stick to this?

and

- Are performers able to sustain a "normal" job whilest trying to persue a dream, for example; is the job flexible enough, do they support your dream, where is the best place to go to work ect.

The thing I have to do now is pick which one, if any of these, I want to inquire about.

No comments:

Post a Comment